Thursday, January 19, 2017

3 Good Things

Last year, I read about a study that measured the positive effects of writing down three good things everyday. It crossed my mind again on New Year’s Eve. Then and there, I decided I’d blog mine. 


I'll start today with the Best of Ordinary Days, Errands Edition.
  1. I had my yearly mammogram done (with 15 pounds of pressure mind you!)
  2. No day of repairs, alignments, etc. would be complete without an extraordinary film at the end of the day.*
  3. I received an email notification. 

I won a spot in the 2017 Little Red lottery (!)


* Les Miserables was on demand tonight. Based on the classic novel, Les Misérables, by Victor Hugo, and the classic Broadway stage show of the same name, Les Misérables is the story of Jean Valjean, a prisoner who breaks parole, and the police inspector, Javert, who tries to hunt him down for breaking parole. Valjean tries to help a poor factory worker, Fantine, by saving her child, Cosette, from innkeepers who are holding her captive as a slave. Marius, a war veteran during the battles of post-French Revolution, falls for Cosette, but their lives change forever when the war turns more gruesome than expected.