Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Yes

I gave you life...

but really, 
you gave me mine.
  • being your mom is worth every stretch mark, wrinkle and sleepless night
  • i love you more than all the stars in the sky
  • someday when the pages of my life end, i know that you will be one of it's most beautiful pages
  • i carried you inside for nine (really almost ten) months, in my arms for three years, and in my heart til the day i die
  • i will always need you my son, no matter what age i may be
  • you have made me proud
  • made me cry
  • seen me cry
  • hugged me tight
  • cheered me up
  • kept me on my toes
  • and driven me crazy at times
  • my son you have my promise that you will have a friend forever
  • i love being with you
  • you're a fascinating young man 
  • i love when you show me your 4.0 GPA with a glimmer in your eye
  • and talk about your career options in San Diego with Deloitte after you graduate
  • i hope you believe in yourself as much as i believe in you
  • i will only ever be in 1 of 3 places: in front of you to cheer you on. behind you to have your back, or next to you so you aren't walking alone
  • still the most magical day of my life was the day i became your mom