Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Fixer Upper


outside iWorld
I know exactly where my appreciation to share my empathy for human beings derived from – I was five years old, and I was watching television with my mom. A heart-wrenching ad came on the screen about abused and mistreated children. Images of starving girls with pleading eyes and terrified boys with matted hair flashed before my innocent eyes. As my heart broke wide open, my mom offered me a tissue and to send money to the organization on the T.V.


after school Chic-fil-a

So behind the scenes of my nursing mission, I continued my children rescue mission—freeing children from hunger, lifting stuck lives to safety, retrieving hearts, and feeding starving friends along my way. My child-loving heart radar is always up, spotting people to help on a daily basis.
While delivering babies was my obvious mission, saving older teens was my quiet mission – and I honestly don’t think either approach is any less effective or any less worthy; extending love, care, and support to a living, breathing being is always worthy.
As I watch my growing sons cultivate their own heart-led passions, I’m glad I’ve experienced both approaches to saving because there is a vast difference in the way my sons advocate. Morgen lets any of friends stay with us while they get their feet back under them, while Markus chose two new mice today after dinner by how they interacted with each other. He said, "this one just looked up at me and let me pick him up right away." At age thirteen, he already knows he is called to reach one at a time … that one is enough … and that no one needs to know except that one.