Saturday, November 16, 2019

My Word



I am a woman of my word, mostly, except for the one time I was called Becky by a people-loving ward-member and I didn't correct her, hoping she’d be my friend, but it turns out she had a ward list, too, and wanted to set up a playdate and was I available next Saturday? And then everything naturally fell apart, as it does when you don't correct someone who thinks your name is Becky, for 6-and-a-half-months that was never able to break it to her except for when she finally looked me up for a playdate. "Why didn't you tell me your name wasn't Becky, it was Brenda??!!" 

I don’t know, it was a dark time, those early Holladay ward days.



But, I’ve grown up, and now I really and truly am a woman of my word, which is why – this weekend while Markus is away – I got up way too early for a Saturday ICONS Conference at Gardner Village. (Hat tip to Martin for setting up a mountain bike ride following, then patiently walking me through how to operate the mountain bike all by my big self through a rock course in the parking lot. The man is a saint, truly, and if you like this happy biker at all, he’s the one to thank!)

Onward.

Part 2 will come next week! Stay tuned…