Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Obama Day

I was listening to President Obama's inauguration speech today at the rink while I was teaching the Murray classes. I was also racing some of these little hockey players from one of the schools that also happen to be on the Lightning hockey team, I beat them across the rink and was skating pretty dang fast to do so, when I caught an edge right as I stopped at the wall. I went down so hard I don't even remember hitting the ice. The next thing I knew I was standing up again and all my students were around me saying, "Are you OK?" I hit and scraped my head on the ice or the wall I am not really sure, as well as my elbow, knee and hurt my neck somehow too. I was totally embarrassed and dizzy but I still kept teaching my class. As soon as it was over I went to put some ice on my head which was throbbing by then. I haven't hit my head while I was skating since I was 10. So crazy! That is how I will remember this important day in history.