Sunday, January 4, 2009

Remembering Wholeness

I am reading this book right now, Remembering Wholeness. I read it a few months ago when Monet gave it to me and I decided to read it again when a friend of mine recommended it to me. So the concept is really good I think, I just don't know about using the format for my new year's resolutions. As I read mine from yesterday, it makes it sound like I already am doing all of those things. When in actuality, I am not.

But the point of view of the author of this book, Carol Tuttle is that if you want something, you have to imagine yourself as already having it. She says to always use "I am" statements and in so doing we create our reality. I have to say that I am not completely convinced of the usefulness of this, I mean where is the doing part of it? If you just sit around imagining the way you want your life to be, how does it become a reality? Obviously I have some more reading to do, but I do question some of her practices for sure. Like the "Energy Circle" she says to draw and then throw I am statements into it, hmmm... like that can really do something? She does have some good statements, like:

I am grateful for my healthy body
I am experiencing my body as balanced and free of all disease
I am experiencing lots of energy and vitality
I am sleeping easily and I awake feeling refreshed and ready for a new day
I am thin and fit
I am grateful for the feelings of peace and well-being that abound in me
I am seeing the good in all of the events and details of my life
I am a positive person who enjoys the adventure of this life
I am creating more and more experiences that generate feelings of joy
I am attracting like-minded people with whom I love to interact
I am attracting people who are safe and respectful
I share myself easily and I am understood
I am free of all debt
I am wealthy
I am successful
I am comfortable with money, I spend it in integrity and have fun with it
I am always on time for my commitments
I am grateful to be alive
I am creating more and more of what I want effortlessly
etc.
(She has a two page list of these types of statements)

Don't get me wrong, I do believe in the power of the mind and positive thoughts, I just think that there needs to be more action. But that is just me, I probably need to keep reading the book, as maybe the next chapters talk about acting on these statements, I don't really remember from when I read it before. So I will let you know what I find out.