Saturday, January 3, 2009

Resolutions

As promised I am posting my new year's resolutions.

But while I was thinking about them I decided to look through my old journals and find my previous year's resolutions. I was able to find all of the years since I was married, and I had a good laugh reading my journals. If anyone needs to see the journals for authenticity, you are welcome to them. I stayed up way too late last night reading them, and reminiscing.

1993

1. Always tell Ben everything I think
2. Take better care of Ben
3. Workout 4 times a week
4. Skate more
5. Do not eat candy or cookies
6. Read 1 chapter @ day in scriptures
7. Save money
8. To be out of debt by June
9. Pay a full tithe
10. Be totally honest
11. Visit temple @ month
12. Spend more time with my extended family
13. Not bounce a check

1994

1. Be totally honest
2. Still workout at least 4 times @ week
3. Pass Gold dance test
4. Eat nutritious food
5. Read scriptures @ day
6. Be early
7. Do 1 thing for someone else daily
8. Value family time

1995

1. Pay full tithe
2. Attend temple 1 @ month
3. Complete Genealogy
4. Live and love life each day
5. Workout 3 times a week
6. Complete German class
7. Read scriptures @ day
8. Work on Gold Dance test
9. Learn to sew baby clothes
10. Activities outdoors with Ben

1996

1. Read scriptures
2. Full tithe
3. workout 4 times a week
4. Complete Genealogy
5. Complete Gold Dance Test
6. Monthly temple night
7. Monthly date night with Ben
8. Become a better wife and mother
9. Prepare more nutritious meals
10. Travel
11. Save money for a house
12. Plan and organize time more wisely
13. Respect others, present or absent

1997

1. Be a better wife
2. Take more time for Morgen
3. Complete Genealogy
4. Work on Gold Dance Test
5. Run a marathon
6. Work on school degree
7. Monthly temple night
8. House
9. Care for others more than self
10. Don't over schedule

1998

1. Put family first
2. Genealogy - temple work
3. Work on Gold Ice Dances

1999

1. More time on family
2. Genealogy
3. School
4. Ice Dances - Gold

2000

1. More caring & forgiving heart
2. More consistent scripture study
3. Finish Gold level ice dance tests
4. Be a better homemaker for my family

2001

1. Importance on Family
2. Finish Book of Mormon
3. Ice dances

2002

1. Family my # 1 priority

2003

1. Have a more thankful heart
2. Read scriptures every night
3. Enjoy Life

2004

1. Increase my patience & love for my children
2. Increase my knowledge & faith by studying the scriptures consistently
3. Work on my degree

2005

1. Increase my faith in the Savior
2. Learn new things:
How to make french chocolate cake
Sew baby blankets
Paint rooms
Refinish furniture

2006

1. I hope to be a better wife
2. I hope to be a better mom
3. Say no to everything else
4. Simplify

2007

1. Be a more loving wife (so Ben will want to be with me!)
2. Be a more caring mom (so my boys will still like me when they are grown)
3. Sweat less about the small stuff

2008

1. I hope that I can keep doing the best things for my family
Some things I do are good:
Clean the house, pay bills, buy groceries, wash clothes
Some things I do are better:
Drive to good schools, scouts, achievements, sports, activities
Some are the best:
Attending church as a family, talking about our day @ dinner, enjoying each others company, listening, playing, being present in our lives

2009

1. I am living my life the way that God intended - a life of joy, happiness, good-health, wealth and loving relationships. A life filled with gratitude and a pure heart.