Thursday, April 23, 2009

Hockey Skills

So I have been teaching these hockey skill clinics for power skating lately. And I have been wearing my hockey skates to teach them in, it is amazing how much more comfortable they are then my old squishy ones. Coach Joe gave me a couple of power skating videos to watch before teaching the clinics, which were pretty informative if you have never skated before, but since I have been teaching skating forever, I really didn't learn anything new from them. I just think it is kind of funny that he thought I would find them useful. I mean skating is skating, whether it is in figure skates or hockey doesn't really make a difference, the basic technique is the same. I do think it is more challenging to teach the pee-wees and bantams however, probably because they already think they know how to skate when they really don't have very good technique. I like a good challenge though, so it is fun.