Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Great Coaches


"A good coach will make his players see what they can be." 


One of Max's coaches sent this last week:

I just wanted to send you a note to tell you how happy I am with Max’s play this summer.  As you may know, I’ve had him playing defense and he’s filled into that position greatly and is our best defenseman.  We lost virtually everybody last year and I need to get players accustomed to that spot in a hurry.  I know Max isn’t happy about playing D, but ... Max hasn’t complained at all, and when I put him up front, he is one of my better guys.  Dillon and I talk all the time about how good Max is doing. 

I just wanted you to know how much I appreciate him and how much he’s growing in his game. 

Tim also said that he's "trying to get each of the players to buy in to what I’m teaching and I don’t know how they are adjusting to me.  I hope in the end that they enjoy playing for me and Murray high.  I have high expectations for this year and want to really excel and how far we go remains to be seen.  Next year though, should be our year to really do some damage.  I hope Max stays with us for the next 2 years to help us take everyone down." 

I know Max is enjoying playing for him for sure. He was all grins after the win last night and tonight.