Monday, July 13, 2015

Summer Summer Summer



Summer

It is the smell of fresh cut lawns
It is the sound of crickets and thunderstorms
It is the taste of handmade peach shakes
It is the feeling of hot cement under bare feet it is bike rides on perfect summer nights


It is more than a season and more than a memory.


It is my favorite, most alive feeling, and it can be awakened with one smell, one taste, or one remembrance from my childhood summers.


I hope that my boys feel the same


Morgen: 1st day of wearing his "uniform" for work


Markus won this stick at his first day of Metcalf's hockey camp



Which is funny since he won THIS stick at the same camp last year!

PS...I also received a phone call from HR today and was offered the Labor and Delivery job I interviewed for. I start next month!