Sunday, August 20, 2017

back to school feast 2017



1. A certain nurse at a certain night shift agreed to help me out with feeding my babies, they were all hungry at once.




This year's back to school feast menu included:
montreal rib eye steaks served with rice pilaf and orzo pasta, vine ripened tomatoes seasoned with dill from my herb garden, cucumbers from the farmer's market, green grapes, made from scratch bread, ripe red strawberries and ice cold lemonade.I can't forget to mention the brownie sundaes for dessert.


2. A certain Morgen talked me through some of his romance issues.


3. A certain little son did some recording (playing on the recorder) for me (‘My Heart Will Go On,’ ‘Concerning Hobbits’) and, much to our shock and concern, reproduced a little hip-hop lyrical: ‘Feels!’ He was clueless; it was hilarious. (This forever solves the to-play-or-not-to-play issue as far as I'm concerned.) We almost convinced him to play, ‘I'm The One!’