Wednesday, August 9, 2017

Morgen + Twenty-Two = Love



22 years ago, The World of Morg arrived.

To celebrate, I am sitting cross-legged on my favorite futon, looking through scrapbooks, licking a cherry popsicle, humming Happy Birthday. Who knew that in the scheme of the universe, this very 3:23 p.m. moment would take place on the fifth whilst Morgy slumbers not far away. Bonne anniversaire!


One. Every animal sound, including a duck. 
I'm not the only one in SLC with a twenty-two year old. But since I'm one of the few out of my friends – here are some recorded treasures that have come my way:


Two.
‘No, mommy I will not be a cowboy when I grow up... Because I'm going to be a dinosaur when I grow up.’ -My son Morgen

Three.
'All I had in Candyland was Queen Frostine, and Kailey threw a fit to get it, so I threw her backpack in the pool.'


Four. 'I like your skin. That's why I still want to shower with you.'

Five. From upstairs: 'I'm getting into mischief mommy!'

Six. 'Best day of my life was when I got my golden key award.' 


Seven. 'I don't really like the tickle torture.'

Eight. 'It felt warm when I was baptized.'

Nine. 'When I get married, I'm going to have a 100 babies and sit in the back of the van while my wife drives so I can play with them.'
Ten. 'Ice skating is too cold. And hard.'

Eleven. 'Take the draw, and we'll share the championship.'

Twelve. 'I really think the priesthood meeting is for old men, not young men.'

Thirteen. 'Monster drinks are the only thing that gives me energy.'

Fourteen. 'I tried out for the ballroom dance team today. And made it.'

Fifteen. 'Soccer is fun, except for the running.'

Sixteen. 'When I jumped off the cliff, I didn't know the water would be so shallow.' 

Seventeen. 'I'm really going to miss you while I'm gone on my mission.'

Eighteen. 'I could've tried harder.'



Nineteen. 'I liked soccer better than LaCrosse.'

Twenty. 'Did you know my Eagle scout award shows up on my college transcript?'

Twenty-One. 'The girls at the frat party were marriage material.'
Ah Morgen, my heart and my eyes... and the wind beneath my wings. Sniff!