Monday, March 15, 2010

Assert

 - to assert is to state positively with great confidence but with no objective proof.  - Webster's Dictionary


I just finished reading a book on our prime assertive human rights, and I wanted to make a list to remind me of all the rights that I learned about - for future reference:

 Assertive Right I




You have the right to judge your own behavior, thoughts, and emotions, and to take the responsibility for their initiation and consequences upon yourself. You have the right to be the ultimate judge of yourself.



Assertive Right II



You have the right to offer no reasons or excuses to justify your behavior.



Assertive Right III



You have the right to judge whether you are responsible for finding solutions to other people’s problems.



Assertive Right IV



You have the right to change your mind.



Assertive Right V



You have the right to make mistakes and be responsible for them.



Assertive Right VI



You have the right to say, “I don’t know.”



Assertive Right VII



You have the right to be independent of the goodwill of others before coping with them.



Assertive Right VIII



You have the right to be illogical in making decisions.



Assertive Right IX



You have the right to say, “I don’t understand.”



Assertive Right X



You have the right to say, “I don’t care.”