Saturday, May 29, 2010

Late Night



Even though it rained on my drive up to Sun Valley last night it was clear as could be when I arrived there. And when I stepped out of the car I couldn't believe how bright the stars were shinning. Amazing the difference being out in the country rather than the city. I didn't get in until after 1 a.m. since I waited to leave until after Max's double header. His team won the game against the Dodger's which put them into 3rd place, and I was glad that I had stayed but it was a long drive at night by myself. I had my iPod cranked and stopped to get some licorice along the way to help keep me awake so I was fine.





Max pitched for two innings and did a great job of throwing strikes.

Since I didn't get into Sun Valley until so late I expected my sister Darlin to be sound asleep and in fact she had texted me on the way up that she would leave a key under the mat, but when I got there, she was still up and we stayed up talking for 2 hours. I slept in until 10:00 this morning! I don't think I have ever done that before, I must have been tired. Then today Darlin had taken the day off to spend with me and scheduled an appointment at the nail salon for pedicures for both of us.


Then we took her dog Brewster for a walk along the many paths that are all along the river up there. It was cold but beautiful. We took a picnic and just sat and ate and talked. So relaxing. 

 


Then we went shopping in town and she took me to see her new office.



She has started her own company selling skate wear. It is doing really well, and she needed to have a place to store all her inventory as well as do her shipping.


She spent too much money (that is why she has the pained look on her face!) on a new outfit at this little boutique/flower shop ...




but the outfit turned out great. I love her red shoes...


She wore it when we went to the Health and Wellness festival and then out to dinner tonight at her boyfriend Jan's, new restaurant (well, he is part owner anyways) The Cornerstone Bar & Grill. It was a fun night out on the town.