Tuesday, December 13, 2011

I {heart} Haters!

Some families I know have a rule at their house that if someone says something not nice about someone they have to follow it up with something nice. So today I get to rant and rave about where I live. Because it’s my post and I’ll make rules if I want to, there are indeed some rules:
 
Tell me something you really hate about where you live. But here’s the catch. Since I’m a bad news first good news last kind of girl, you have to follow up your rant with something you really love about it.

 
Hate: 
  • I hate thieves and burglars. My debit card was stolen tonight right out of my purse in the locker room at hockey. Seriously?! Having three bikes stolen out of my garage kind of sucked too.
  • I’m getting pretty sick of the tiny measly excuse of a winter we’ve been having lately. I mean, come on! Bring me a good snowstorm, already!  
  • Besides the crazy-can’t-make-up-my-mind weather is a feeling that although everyone and their dog want the schools to be better, not one of those people (or their dogs) are willing to pay the taxes necessary to make the schools better. 
  • I hate the price of gas – but doesn’t everyone where ever they live?
 What I LOVE:
  • Neighborhood block parties
  • Kids riding their bikes and feeling safe
  • Waving to everyone outside in their yards as you drive by because you actually know them and are friends with them
  • Views of the Mountains
  • I like that grocery stores are open 24 hours and that there are some that are closed on Sunday.
  • That my kids can play night games in a very safe neighborhood, and I like my neighbors.
  • I love that there really are good, good people here (although I’m quite certain I’d find good people everywhere).
  • I love that I can bike everywhere.
  • I love that most of my family is here so close.
  • Snowboarding 
  • Lots of good places to eat.
I love where I live. Love it.
I also love the saying Bloom where you are planted.