Monday, July 8, 2013

Slip Sliding Away




I had dinner brought to me by one of my favorite friends today. She sat on the swing with me and was so focused on our conversation the whole time. She laughed with me, asked questions, told me stories, and we both just listened to each other. My heart feels so full. I sent her a text thanking her for being so thoughtful. I didn't know how else to express my joy. She wrote back, ‘I always need quick dinners with my busy life, and I'm sure you feel the same. :) Loved sitting with you on your porch in your beautiful yard. You are such an example to me and I absolutely adore you and look up to you. See you Thursday! .’ It was wonderful. And maybe it was a silly thing to thank someone for, but to me, today, anyone’s time and attention feels like such a huge gift. I wish everyone could feel that.