Wednesday, February 22, 2017

KEEP CALM

and pretend I'm still at the beach

  1. I arrive last week in California thinking we'll spend two days on our own surfing at the beach (if you don't know, I would rather spend the extra time in saltwater that heals everything). Gavin - a friend of Markus' who sprained his thumb in the game on Saturday morning - was planning on staying the extra day with us. He meets us at Venice Beach and stops to watch the skateboarders (I am a moron and am not nearly dressed warm enough). Michelle - his mom- used to live here too.  We take a ride down the beach with some tandem bikes stopping over at the Santa Monica pier again. Gavin is not able to steer. I join her son and husband and we chat while the boys ride the ferris wheel again. A lovely time is had by all. My Venice experience is radically improved.

    All by 100% happenstance!
  2. LAX sprint: ran ran ran for the rental car shuttle, and made it. 
  3. Evening snack: frozen banana covered with chocolate and nuts while watching the sunset on Newport. 
Oh, and I found some seashells to bring home. This is something I'm never quite sure what to do with.