Tuesday, May 23, 2017

La-La-La



I am waiting at Provo Beach. My pineapple Dole Whip sends me into raptures... I chuckle, imagining my son Max wearing his ‘Whip It’ button in highschool. I hear from Morgen when we get home that he went to Momentum today in a summer intern program unleashing his harness of climbing (go, Mission Impossible) and suspiciously eye him as he proceeds to tell me, self-consciously, of the owners climb of Mt. Everest. I wait for him to open the conversation and he confirms the idea that climbing Mt. Everest is something he would like to do, a $70,000 transaction that takes a month of time. He does no such thing and returns to his harness. I snap back to reality – the boss is pulling out, twice. After Morgen confirmed that several of this man's climbing partners have died attempting to climb Mt. Everest he tells me that the idea of him climbing it has come and gone, just like my Dole Whip.





Sometime prior to my long talk:

3. My dear son chose a Flowrider (not 2 for 1) session at the provo beach resort so I could have his last birthday party for him before he's an 'adult'.
2. My dear other son served me pizza and music on his iPhone.
1. My dear appetite grew strong thanks to my J. Beiber happy dance.