Friday, July 14, 2017

Nice People...

...Steiner. Janitor stops the mop to access first-aid kit for me. Imagine, if you will, opening something that resembles an electric panel, next to the zamboni room. After a thick layer of dust cascades onto the floor, an interior metal box squeaks open to reveal little white (well, yellowed...) boxes. The wax paper wrappers crumble open instantly: band-aids older than me!
...Hospital. Anesthesiologist does me a favor by telling me to remove the catheter he has running out of my patients back as soon as she has delivered. I am instructed to administer a new drug (the name has thrown me off this time). He also gives me advice on what side effects to look for after he has (unintentionally) pierced the interthecal layer of the dura (they're just spinal headaches, dizziness, cardiac arrest). The medicine works after only three minutes!

...Classifieds. Minivan driver, Photographer Extraordinaire, parks next to me after a work day full of new baby faces. Well, doesn't chance have it that he will be buying a camera lens from me that Marko purchased in May. Since I'm new to listing, but he's experienced, he was trusting me, to be sure.