Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Rare

Morgen was telling me about his rare Pokemon card tonight after scouts. He said it was hard to find, only one per box of 64 packs of cards. He has other cards that are worth more money (one card just sold for $40 online) but that he likes this one because it is harder to find. Kind of like Morgen, he is one of a kind...he gave me a paper with these words on it after he came home from school one day, a few years ago. I think his English teacher had given it to him or something.


10 Pearls of wisdom from kids about parenting:
1. “Think about when you were a kid and don’t yell so much.”
2. “Be proud of me, even if I didn’t get all the answers correct.”
3. “Tell me a story about when you were a child.”
4. “Let me have a sleepover.”
5. “Say, ‘It would help if you did it this way, instead of ‘you’re doing it wrong.’”
6. Don’t spoil me and then yell at me for being spoiled.”
7. “Attend all of my special occasions.”
8. “Tuck me in and read to me.”
9. “If you get mad, remember to forgive me.”
10. “Never forget to kiss me goodnight.”