Thursday, October 8, 2009

Learn

Today after I helped in Markus' class with some Halloween bookmarks and some watercolored leaves, I went down to see how Max was doing at the assembly he was in, for Obert Skye, the author of Leven Thumps. I peeked my head in the door and couldn't believe the smell that came wafting out of the assembly hall. Nothing like a room full of almost 300 - 4th, 5th & 6th graders together for almost an hour. Quite the contrast to the smell of lavender water I had just been spraying in Markus' class, on the leaves they had colored, so that the colors would bleed into one another.

I went out in to the fresh air just in time to catch Markus lining up for lunch. He asked me to stay and eat lunch with him so I did.

His friend Daniel poked his head in to the photo right when I took it. Markus just laughed - he is so much fun to spend time with, always saying whatever is on his mind. He makes me smile.