Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Lightning

Max tried out for the Lightning hockey team last night. He said that he had a fun time and learned a new drill. So even if he doesn't make the team, at least he tried. The photo is not the greatest, since it was just from my phone, but until I get a new camera, it is hard to take action shots. Especially from a distance. My phone doesn't take very good photos up close either, but sometimes a picture is worth a thousand words.

I just returned from a beautiful run up Millcreek canyon with Kelly - Miles' mom. I used to teach Miles in my hockey class and I was talking to Kelly last week after hockey practice for Markus and Miles when she was telling me about this fun trail run that she does up Millcreek. So I suggested we go sometime, she called me last night and I went. I didn't know that the trail run that she does (Birch Hollow) is about 9.4 miles round trip. I feel all right I guess, but I think I may be sore tomorrow, haven't run that far since the marathon. It was perfect weather for it though and the leaves were all so beautiful.