Monday, December 14, 2009

Midway


My mom called and asked me last week if I had any skaters that would want to come up and skate at the rink in Midway for the opening night Christmas celebration. So I asked my student Amanda if she wanted to perform her Santa Baby program again and she agreed. We drove up together tonight so that Amanda wouldn't have to drive all that way alone, and she skated great. The rink is Olympic size and it was fun to skate outside again, and at least it was warmer than last week in South Jordan. Not very many people came to it but the photographer from the paper was there and took a bunch of photos of her. My parents really appreciated her coming up to skate and told her that she gets a season pass to come up and skate anytime. Only, since she lives in Lehi, I doubt she will get to use it too often.