Friday, August 26, 2011

Dreams

The boys just finished the last Regulators hockey practice for the summer. The coach invited them to come back and join them when they have another informal camp over Christmas break. Max was saying on the way home from the Oval, that with drop-in tomorrow he will have had a hockey practice everyday this week. And that he won't have any next week. He then said that he can not wait for hockey season to start and was asking me about playing on another team that practices out at the Oval like a few of his friends did last year that played on his Lightning team. I picked up a flyer on it but didn't sign up yet. I am not sure how I would get him out there with teaching, homework, dinner and Markus playing up in squirts this year at Steiner. I will have to see when the practices are I guess. I really want to support him in his dreams of being a professional hockey player, but the reality of it is a different story.

How do you balance encouraging you children in achieving their dreams and grounding them in reality?