Sunday, August 28, 2011

Tell Me

Tell me something happy. Rollerblading up and down the streets of my neighborhood I can describe the anguish in one house after the other:

a baby born still

a house under foreclosure after the loss of a job

a teenage son in jail for burglary

a marriage broken by addiction

the sudden brain-surgery of a mother of two newly born twins and three older daughters

debilitating depression

a grandmother with Leukemia

a father who abandons his wife and 6 children for one of his clients (he was a marriage counselor)

I’ve watched so many lives change in an instant that I celebrate with anyone who is having a season of peace and happiness (and travel!). I especially like those who can find happiness in the midst of sorrow.

My heart is being eased by thinking about a glorious trip to Sun Valley next weekend, where my sister and I will eat delicious meals, skate in the sun for hours and watch romantic comedies.



Tell me something good in your world– a healthy body, a dream wedding, a new quilt on your bed– tell me something happy. Let’s celebrate together.