Sunday, August 12, 2012

Coming Up For Air

So much has been going on this week, since I last posted.

There has been the Olympics.

There has been angst, tears, prayer, swearing and laughter.

There has been a fire.

There has been part-time, physically demanding work.

There has been the chaos of back-to-school registrations after three months of summer. Morgen will start a new high school, Max and Markus a new grade, and me a nursing degree, my heart slaloms between them all, praying they will be happy.

I have stood at my kitchen sink late at night, swirling my hands and unmatched dishes through the bubbles, listening to music that makes my feet disappear.

I have received emails, texts and presents from friends that have sprung leaks in my heart, reminding me that I am thought of, appreciated, loved.

I have asked for help (because I promised) and didn't explode or dissolve as a result. I have been surprised.

I have been insulted, complimented and challenged. By friends, and events, and the Lord.

I have been blessed. By friends, and events, and the Lord.

I will be writing again. More often.

I am still here.