Friday, August 17, 2012

World Series

The 14 year old world series is being hosted by our city this year, and Coach Dewey invited Max and Markus to be bat boys for a team. Since they said yes, I volunteered to host two boys from the same team.

It was fun to meet them last night when they flew in from Washington. Chase is the catcher for his team while David is one of the pitchers. Outstanding boys as well as ball players. I'm so glad I get to host them in my home for a week. Maybe their good manners will rub off on Morgen! Lol

The series started with a BBQ at willow pond park today where the boys all did a skit to "Call me maybe" for the cheerleaders who were the judges. Then the banquet was tonight followed by a pep talk by keynote speaker Scotty McGregor, who played in the world series when he was 14 and again as an Orioles player.

The opening ceremonies are tomorrow followed by games the rest of the week. Should be a ball!