Monday, May 18, 2015

Top 10 Tips

Today I give you my top 10 tips for hopefully getting through enjoying this last semester of nursing school...

  1. wake with the sun - there is no purer light that what we see when we open our eyes first thing in the morning.
  2. sit - mindfulness without meditation is just a word.
  3. make the bed - the state of my bed is the state of my head. Enfold my day with dignity.
  4. empty the hampers - do the laundry without resentment or commentary and have an intimate encounter with the very fabric of life.
  5. wash my bowl - rinse away self-importance and clean up my own mess. If I leave it undone, it will get sticky.
  6. set a timer - if I'm distracted by the weight of what's undone, set a timer and, like a monk in a monastery, devote myself wholeheartedly to the task at hand until the alarm sounds. 
  7. weed the garden - weed, rake, or sweep. I'll never finish for good, but I'll learn the point of pointlessness. 
  8. eat when hungry - align my inexhaustible desires with the one true appetite. 
  9. let the darkness come - set a curfew on the computer, TV and phone and discover the natural balance between daylight and darkness, work and rest. 
  10. {Breath}


  11. sleep when tired - nothing more to it.