Thursday, May 14, 2015

U Belong

"U" belong...
A son who is filling out promissory notes for student loans at the U. 

A son who is reading all the exceptions to repaying them, including but not limited to...

 - becoming a librarian or joining the Peace Corp. Brilliant! 
A son who proudly shows me all A's in this final semester at the community college. 
A son who sometimes didn't want to study in high school because it was more fun to be with his friends. 
A son who gets up at noon to go to work to pay off the rest of his car making the best gourmet pizza's that you can bring home to bake. 
A son who breaks up with his girlfriend and still feels okay with himself. 
A son who rinses his own dishes and puts them in the dishwasher after making dinner for himself. 
A mom who loves to see him so dang handsome in his brother's silly hat. 
A son who never, ever questions his intelligence - not even once. 
A mom who can't wait to talk with her son each evening. Even though I hear him cranking the music from his room while I study everyday, at least until he moves to the dorms at the U.
A son who won a partial scholarship award for his work in Digital Media class this semester.
A mom who thanks her son profusely for being so determined to be independent. 
A son who smiles. A little.
A mom who loves him. A lot.
A couple of little brothers who can't get enough of his teasing.  

This is where I belong. I love to feel and identify with the stage of life that I am in; I feel powerful when I recognize it and notice the good in every-single-day. When my boys were little, it was them drawing me pictures that I hung on the fridge and walls. I try not to remember the times when I was married, me laying in bed feeling rejected with a sting in my heart and painful feelings that no one knew about. Thinking and praying with all my might to see my worth and love myself, exactly as I was.        

Where do "U" belong today?