Thursday, June 10, 2010

The Cally Trip: Part 2


After checking out Downtown Disney on Monday when we landed in California, we headed out to Newport Beach. We parked by the pier and set out looking for Morgen, who was supposed to be at the same beach as well. Although we never found him - they ended up being closer to Balboa Pier - we loved digging in the sand, burying each other, digging for sand crabs, climbing on the rocks, sitting and listening to the waves crash in (well that was just me) and splashing in the cold water.


Cruising around in the rental car listening to "California Gurls".

Our sweet hotel, the new Holiday Inn, only one block from Disneyland that was such a steal on Priceline - $59 a night!


I spent a few years living in Southern California when I was about 10 and to be honest, it was really hard to leave this time. I love Utah, I really do. Mostly because the majority of my family lives here, and we do have some of the most breathtaking scenery on earth, but I could definitely see myself living by the beach someday.

Only time will tell.

But, in the meantime, I savored every second of it while I was there.