Wednesday, June 9, 2010

First layout in nearly three years...

I finally finished scrapbooking the last of my printed out photos (as opposed to my digital photos) from nearly three years ago. I just was burned out on layouts, and coming up with ideas for them, when I didn't really feel creative. I guess it feels good to have that scrapbook completed.

This blog is about as close as it gets to scrapbooking for me now folks, so you will be subjected to two rounds of shameless family vacation portraits. And lucky for you, I left most of them on my hard drive...

So, here is part 1 of our trip: Disneyland


Yes, there will be a part 2.



HIGHLIGHTS:

  • Near perfect weather. About 70-75 degrees. 
  • Forking out the big bucks for breakfast with all of the Disney characters at Goofy's Kitchen. I was really glad we did. The breakfast was actually really delicious. And the boys loved the one on one time with their favorite characters of course. 
  • Markus meeting the height requirements for all of the rides. 
  • Watching Morgen dance in "California Adventure". That was so cool. 
  • Eating Mickey Mouse shaped, chocolate coated ice cream on a stick, it was so good. 
  • Riding Space Mountain with Markus - he was such a dare devil!! He would have ridden any and every roller coaster possible.
  • Riding Splash Mountain two times in a row at midnight with Max and Markus singing 'Zippity do dah!' all the way home.
  • The absolutely amazing fireworks...Disney style! 







NOT SO HIGHLIGHTS: (because a vacation wouldn't be a vacation without some pitfalls)




• Our flight being out of SLC at 6 a.m.
• Then upon arrival at the LAX Airport, finding out that they lost my luggage!!!
• Upon arrival at Morgen's hotel in Buena Park that evening around 10:00, his teacher taking one of the girls on the trip to the hospital for an allergic reaction.
• Not getting tickets that night from said teacher, realizing that if we had the tickets, we would have been able to go into Disneyland HOURS earlier.
• Getting weird looks from Morgen in front of Disneyland like I was cramping his style or something. He even said to me, "I was having fun - until now!"

 



When all was said and done, the Magic Kingdom did not fail to be anything short of magical.







Exhausting, but magical.