Thursday, September 6, 2012

49'ers

My mom and dad celebrated their 49th wedding anniversary tonight at Benihana's. Since I happen to have a birthday on the very next day, we celebrated together.

Mom gave me a music box that plays "You are my sunshine" and I could not contain the tears. That was our song, the one she always sang to me as a little girl - one of my earliest memories is of her singing that song to me. I sang it to my boys when they were babies, too.




You Are My Sunshine lyrics

You are my sunshine my only sunshine you make me happy when skies are grey
You'll never know dear how much I love you please don't take my sunshine away

The other night dear as I laid sleeping I dreamed I held you in my arms
When I awoke dear I was mistaken and I hung my head and cried
You are my sunshine...