Thursday, September 13, 2012

Silver Lake

{Laurie's artwork that she drew for my birthday}


Saturday I plan on enjoying the traditional "Fall Colors Ride"...

It was about 14 years ago this tradition began. We, my girl friends and I, packed the children {jackets on} in the car seats and traveled up to Silver Lake and looped around to see the fall foliage. {If you are not familiar with how many children we have all together, that means nothing.} It was gorgeous. The weather was usually cool and cloudy- just the way I love it! I can hardly wait to go this year. Laurie knows how much I love our favorite place to see the leaves and so when she was up there with her family last weekend, she took a photo and painted a watercolor for my birthday. It took my breath away when I opened it. I love looking at it and remembering all the fun times we had. What a talented artist.