Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Pianist

{Max - the piano man}
I am trying harder to be less plugged in to my phone and computer during the day. When my boys remember me when I am dead and gone, I really don't want them to remember me sitting at my table on the computer or on my phone!!!
Last night I expressed my concerns to my Father in heaven and I felt much much better, and I vowed to make some changes.

Today I: woke up and ran, had time to study and pray, cleaned my bathrooms, played with Molly, listened to Max play the piano - the same piano which Ben is taking with him when he moves out -had time to make cookies in my kitchen, listened to my boys talk, and watered my plants.

All before dinner time.

Not once did I check my e-mail during those activities. Of course I thought about it, but I didn't and it felt SO GOOD!

I felt liberated. Self-mastery is a good thing. After the boys were in bed I spent some time answering e-mails and writing this post. It was better. I am going to reengage myself and try not touch my phone while I am with my boys.