Thursday, May 28, 2009

Awards

When the school called to say that Morgen was getting an award at school tomorrow, I had no idea just what that meant. I showed up at the awards ceremony thinking it would be like the ones in elementary school where everyone gets an award, just so no one feels left out. It is not exactly like that in Jr. High. There are just a few students who actually get them, and usually just one. So for obvious reasons (I have always wanted to use that in a sentence) I thought Morgen would be receiving one as well. Imagine my surprise when he received not one but four awards.


The principal announced his name and called him up to the stage.



They announced each of his awards and presented them to him in a folder.


I am very proud of Morgen for not only receiving the awards but for always getting up for school on time without ever complaining at all. He would just stumble out of bed at 6:40 each morning and hop in the shower, without even so much as a grumble. He wouldn't say much while eating his breakfast either, but at least it wasn't unpleasant. I never had to help him with any homework this year, he would just get it out and do it on all on his own. Granted it was at 10:00 at night, but he still got it done nonetheless. He is definitely one to make his own choices, but I think he will be a very responsible adult and even a great leader someday, if that is what he decides he wants to do.