Saturday, May 2, 2009

Rock & Roll Hall of Fame

I forgot to mention last night that the theme of the show was the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame. One of the numbers that I had the most fun choreographing was "Respect". The girls were all really good skaters from the club and I think they had fun skating in it as well.


My cute student Amanda had prom tonight, but she still came and did her part in the show. She hurried to change back into her prom dress afterwards and I told her to come show me. She is such a sweet girl and has been through so much. She lives with her Aunt and Uncle because her mom was addicted to drugs and her dad left her when she was two. She is always smiling and so responsible. She drives herself to skating now, since she just turned 16, and she babysits to pay for her own lessons. I just love her determination and resiliency. Everyone always asks her if I am her mom and I told her she can say yes, because I truly would adopt her.



Tamara (the skating director) invited me over to her house after the show along with all the other coaches for a little celebration. Should be fun!