Friday, May 1, 2009

Spring Ice Show



The Spring Ice show was tonight at the rink. I have been teaching so much recently to get ready for it. It was fun to see my students really shine. Sophia was in the youth synchro group and is so much fun to teach.

One of the learn to skate groups that I taught skated to 'Surfin USA'. I think they were nervous as it was their very first show but they did great.


Callie on the other hand was not nervous at all and loves to perform. She was in two group numbers and is one of my private students as well. She love, love, loves skating!!!


Ava just started private lessons with me as well. She is such a cute girl and loves to play around on the ice, kind of like her brother, Bjorn, who played hockey with Max last year.


Another one of my learn to skate groups, did 'Here comes the sun' and were they ever cute! Little Amelie was the youngest one in the show. She is 3, and I have been teaching her private lessons since last year, when she was 2.


I kind of talked Markus into doing the show as a part of the first ever comedy number in the show. Max was doing it too, so it was easy to get Markus talked into it. Although tonight Max opted to go to one of his rained out baseball games that was rescheduled from last week. He was glad that he did too, because he hit a double, got someone out at third base and was awarded MVP for the game. He is doing the show tomorrow night however.

For the hockey/comedy number Tamara and I thought it would be kind of funny if the hockey players came out during the show and sort of interupted it. The announcer said something like, "Hey, you kids shouldn't be out here, hockey practice is over. This is a figure skating show." Then he said something about them having to do a routine if they stayed out and the kids all said, "Okay!" and started doing a little program to Help by the Beatles. I think it turned out pretty cute even though Markus said he was nervous and that the place was "packed". He is so funny!



The Silver Starzz synchronized skating team needed some more members, so I said I would help out for the show. It is really kind of fun to skate with some of my students instead of just teaching them. Kelli, Alyssa, Angie (who also teach at the rink) and I all committed to helping them skate to Old Time Rock & Roll. I think it went pretty well tonight considering the lack of practices, but tomorrow will be better. I will post some more photos after tomorrow nights show of the groups that I missed tonight.