Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Hockey Family



As a new school year came so did another year of hockey for Max.
The boys have been on a travel hockey team for four years. This year Max decided to add in high school hockey as well. We thought long and hard indeed,
I understand that if you want to be good at something you must put in the 
dedication and time in what it takes to fulfill that. While I am sure the boys would absolutely be dedicated, I wasn't ready to give up the family time.

Especially dinner time.

I believe for my family to be successful we need to be with each other as much as possible- especially around the dinner table discussing our day, sharing our highs and lows. I believe that this has been absolutely essential for when two of my boys have become teenagers. So I was so excited when I read the email from the high school team manager saying that she needed help organizing the Hockey Family Picnic! What a great way to spend time with my boys and their friends. She is also planning on having a dinner before every Monday night practice.  

They are talented boys, and I believe this will provide a way that they can develop their talent and feel special through hockey. Hockey has helped my boys become strong, independent, masculine, and learn to move and hold their bodies respectively and confidently.

I am grateful for that. They will take what they have learned and apply that in everything they do socially and physically - that, I am sure.