Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Vulnerable

Markus and I hiked up this canyon last week to the rope swing, while Max was at Coach Oly's hockey camp.
One of my challenges of late is letting go of exhaustion as a status symbol and productivity as self-worth.
Five years ago if I could only look perfect and lead a perfect life, I believed I'd no longer feel inadequate. Pride was tearing me apart. So, like most of us I performed, pleased, and perfected, all the while thinking;
  • Why isn't everyone else working harder and living up to my expectations?
  • What will people think if I fail or give up?
  • When can I stop proving myself?

I understand now living authentically is so much simpler. 
I love with my whole heart and it gives me the couragecompassion, and connection to wake up in the morning and think No matter what gets done and how much is left undone, I am enough. 

It’s going to bed at night thinking, Yes, I am imperfect and vulnerable and sometimes afraid, but that doesn't change the truth that I am also brave and worthy of love and belonging.

In living a more authentic life, it takes courage to talk about the things that get in the way.


{What gets in your way?}