Sunday, August 25, 2013

Look Sharp



The boys looking sharp for our annual back to school feast tonight. Max and I prepared dinner, and here is what we served:

Barbecue chicken
Mixed green salad with homegrown roma tomatoes
Asparagus with olive oil and sea salt
Warm fresh egg noodles with butter and freshly grated Parmesan 
Chilled ginger ale
Ice Cream Sundaes

Since Max had his first young men's choir practice for general conference tonight right after dinner he stayed dressed up in his church clothes all day, which really is just like an unusual form of torture for him. 

Afterwards Ben came over to give them a priesthood blessing to send them off to school tomorrow. All I know is that my son's are fine, and really that's all that matters. As for Ben, maybe this can be the start of a friendship. I can only hope. Because friends are people who have things in common, and what can you have more in common than the commonality of both of you loving your children?

In a way, he will always be my friend, for only one reason: that he co-created my three favorite human beings on earth. That's a pretty good friend.


Of course sorting out the supply list was daunting but kind of fun at the same time-except Markus never wants to go shopping for supplies with us ever again. We went to Target on Thursday and he was so upset because he didn't want summer to be over yet. 

I am welcoming a new school year with open arms. I want my boys to succeed and grow this year. It's Max's last year in middle school. Next year I will attempt to teach him how to shave his face and wear cologne.
Blah!  But he is growing up and I am excited for him.

Max got a new backpack...last year. Markus got a new one at the end of last school year. Their Uncle Jeff got them.  

Max told me he was ready to get a new one again. So we went to the outlet mall last Tuesday. After he told me he wants to keep his old one after all since it will hold his Penny board. He wants to ride it home with his friends.










I have the coolest boys in the world.  They are beautiful souls.




Since we were in the neighborhood...


We also went here...


And here...


It has been a fun last week of summer with my fun loving boys.

I hope you have the week you have...no pressure! Lol