Friday, July 31, 2009

5 Wishes



I went into Barnes & Noble the other day just looking for a book and ran into one of my neighbors. She started telling me about a book she was reading and that I could read it if I wanted. When I came home from my bike ride, she had brought over a whole bag full of books for me. I looked through them and this one was the first ones that I picked up. 5 Wishes by Gay Hendricks. I read it today, since it is a really short book and a quick read. It has some good ideas in it, namely one question that could change your life.

Is your life a complete success?

If you answer no to that question than he goes on to say that you should imagine yourself on your death bed in fifty years, and looking back on your life, what you would wish to change to make it a success. Then he takes it a step further to add that if you turn those wishes into positive present tense statements you can make those things actually take place in your life. The power of positive thinking and focusing on what it is you do want in your life.