Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Nice Shot





Markus and Max came skating with me today while I was teaching and Max invited his friend Hunter over afterwards. I took Morgen to the Ortho again today (orange bands). When we came home all the boys had an air soft gun battle until they ran out of ammo and had heat stroke. Morgen shot Hunter in the back, ear and lip. Ouch! He is a tough kid though and said that it didn't hurt, even though it left a welt.
After they ate dinner, we went over to Mick Riley golf course to hit a bucket of balls. Markus hit a hole in one the other day and kept trying to hit one tonight, but he couldn't get one in. He was very determined though and didn't stop trying. I want to buy some clubs I think, and try to learn how to play this game. Might be kind of fun. Max is so good already and has an old set of clubs from our neighbors. He wanted to look for a new driver though, so we went to Golf Galaxy afterwards. I can not believe how much a set of clubs can be, (over $1,000.00 for one women's set that I saw!) I guess it is like anything, you can spend as much as you want but it doesn't necessarily make you better at it!
Hunter was funny, he was playing like Happy Gilmore and running up to the ball. He could really hit it far though, is the funny thing. He and Max were trying to hit the tractor that picks up the balls out on the fairway. I don't think they ever did it.