Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Oh, what do you do in the summertime?

Do you swim in a pool to keep yourself cool?

Or swing in a tree up high?

Is that what you do?

So do I !

Take the plunge...

go on ...

Swimming has been the thing to do since summer finally hit. We went to the pool by our house three times last week, Monet's pool out at Daybreak on Friday and then yesterday her daughter Kailey invited us to go swimming with them out at the Draper pool.

Kailey and Morgen waiting for the high dive. It is hard to believe they are the same age...I guess girls do mature earlier than boys.

Max does front flips and dives off the diving board. He just can't get enough.

My cute niece Kailey.

I went for a killer bike ride yesterday morning as well with my friend Ciprianna. We rode up Big Cottonwood Canyon and it was breathtaking up there. On the descent, you should have seen Ciprianna - looked like a bat out of you know where - flying down the canyon. I have a ways to go to improve my cycling skills, it is great to ride with a pro like that, and see how much room for improvement there is. I hope to ride up every canyon this summer. I have already been up Millcreek a couple of times this year. Next week, Emigration, the following week City Creek, I heard Suncrest is a pretty good climb and then I hope to take on the big one...Little Cottonwood.
Anyways, my run this morning was a little bit slow, as you could expect with tired legs. It was also extremely hot. I guess I need to start getting up a little earlier just to beat the heat. The fun run on Saturday starts at 8 so it will probably be hot as well. I guess it is good to train in it before the day of the race.
I am going to go finish cleaning the house. Ciao for now.