Friday, July 3, 2009

Hike to Timpanogos



When my student Amanda told me that she was working at Timpanogos Cave today, I jumped at the chance to have her give us our own personal tour. She reserved tickets for us when she arrived at work, as this is the busiest time of year for the cave. Then when we hiked the 1,000 vertical feet up to the cave she was waiting there for us and took us right in to the cave. It is a cool 42 degrees inside the cave year round and she told us so many interesting facts about the cave and it's discovery. Then she informed us of all the details about each of the rock formations found inside, it was amazing. I took so many photos I decided to put them into a slide show format. They really don't do it justice though, you really do have to see it to believe it. Markus and Whitney had never been to the cave before, so they were very impressed. Even though I have been before, it never ceases to amaze me. Very cool.