Monday, July 6, 2009

Blahg

“Do you know what you call those who use towels and never wash them, eat meals
and never do the dishes, sit in rooms they never clean, and are entertained till
they drop? If you have just answered, "A house guest," you're wrong because I
have just described my kids.”


-Erma Bombeck
(U.S. humorist, 1927-1996)




I was reading a blog written by a friend of my friend Kelli. She had listed some of her journal entries in her blog, such as:

Journal


Monday, May 25, 2009
11:30 pm
Sudden burst of energy
after brushing teeth and washing face. Decide to blog about being a night owl
and how much I can get done when everyone else finally falls
asleep.
11:35
I lay down to mentally sketch out a post and fall
asleep. Foiled again.


Tuesday, May 26, 2009
6:00 am
Read scriptures. Today's topic:
warring tribes that never seem to get along for more than two pages. Reminds me
of Israel and Palestine, among others. Two thousand soldiers--young and
inexperienced--fight an army much larger and more experienced. But they're not
afraid, because their mothers taught them to believe in God's protection. Makes
me wonder what I'm teaching my children. Mind goes blank. I keep on thinking.
Still nothing. I remember what my mother taught me: If you pick it, it won't
heal. That's what she said when I was a teenager and performed self-surgery on
my zits, emerging from the bathroom with bits of toilet paper stuck to the
wounds. I have to say she was right. Again. Darnit.



She keeps going with her whole week and it is really entertaining to read. But it started me thinking about my blog entries. I usually just write about what happened that day or post some photos of what I did with out even writing about it. It is my journal really, and the thought has never occurred to me to actually "plan" out a blog entry. OR sketch it out in mind. I just sit down and write about the days events.


I mentioned blogging to my friend Heidi when I was at her house for lunch a few months ago, and she said she could never blog because she said she has nothing to blog about except for doing the dishes. That is all she does (she said) is do dishes.




As I was thinking about that I realized that even that could be worth reading about if it is written well. As in the example of the friend's blog I mentioned before. You could post some pictures of the dishes in the sink and some silly quote about them as well. So I guess what I am trying to say is that, I will think about my posts more and see if I can "sketch" them out in mind.
I do know that at least blogging has kept me writing in my journal a little more than I did before. Some excerpts from my "Hope" journal a few years ago (which Heidi gave me for Christmas).







March 2, 2007
10:22 a.m.

I hope I can get more sleep tonight. I stayed up late and woke up in
the middle of the night with Markus He had a fever and wanted a drink. After I
gave him Motrin, I went back to sleep and it seemed like my alarm went off
ten seconds later at 6. I went running with Shawna, then came home, made
breakfast, and Markus and Max were awake. It snowed another 6 inches last night
and the snow blower is still broken. I did some laundry, the dishes, took a
shower, read some scriptures, helped Markus get dressed and then sat down to
write in here. After this I need to go make cookies for Max's piano recital
tonight and them I am going to teach Ellie, Kailey, Hannah, Whitney, Olivia
and Maddie. Then Sheri is bringing Whitney over for me to babysit.


March 6, 2007
11:23 p.m.

I hope to be able to just let the house be messy sometime.


March 7, 2007
11:42 p.m.

I hope I can keep up the daily writing in here. A little bit is better than
nothing.


June 4, 2007
11:37 a.m.

First day of summer vacation and I hope to have these two rules this
summer:

1. You have to have fun.
2. You have to get dressed.

We will see how it goes with my 3 cute boys. Max wants to go to Classic
Skating today, Markus wants to go ice skating and Morgen is still sleeping.

October 10, 2007
10:57 a.m.

I hope that I can always enjoy the passing of time. You know, not worrying
or hurrying, just enjoying. I think that I've officially given away all my baby
stuff now.

November 18, 2007
10:23 a.m.

I hope I can be a better mom.

November 22, 2007
11:39 p.m.

I hope that I can always be grateful for all my many blessings.

November 23, 2007
9:57 p.m.

I hope that we always get free tickets from Dr. Burg's office. We went to
see Enchanted today, courtesy of Dr. Burg, the boys dentist. Afterwards I took
Markus to the mall to look for a jacket for him with wood buttons (like the one
he wore in Paris). He said, "Come on, we have to go shopping on Black Friday!"
He just cracks me up most of the time. Then we got gas at Costco.


December 1, 2007
11:24 p.m.

I hope I can remember to write in here everyday and remember all the ways
that the Lord has helped me in every way.


December 6, 2007
10:34 p.m.

I hope that I can keep this peaceful feeling all through this month of our
Savior's birth.

December 22, 2007
11:50 p.m.

I hope that I can always see the hand of the Lord in every day. I know that
it is always there, to hear and answer my prayers. He has answered mine many
times. I love my Heavenly Father and his son Jesus Christ. I am especially
thinking of him this time of year, when Christmas is almost here. I feel his
Love.

January 13, 2008
10:03 p.m.

I hope that I can go to the temple every month this year. I went to our
ward temple night last night and I really enjoyed it and felt peaceful
afterwards. I had the thought to let Christ into my heart while I was there. Not
to be like him, but actually let him be in control of all my actions and words,
thoughts and feelings.

I am really going to let him in. I have been so busy since I started
working at challenger last month but I have also been doing less of the things
that are optional so that I can focus on the important ones. Like still making
dinner and being with my family every night. I have helped to pay off the
car repairs and part of the dentist bill.


January 21, 2008
10:23 a.m.

I hope I can always keep an eternal perspective on everything. Sometimes I
get too caught up in the world and what everyone else is doing. I am always
happier when I am doing what I know the Lord wants me to do.


February 5, 2008
1:12 a.m.

I hope that I can always remember how much Morgen likes being with me
and take the time to spend with him. That is really all we have, is time.
Anyways, he asked me to met him for lunch today for his 1/2 birthday, so I
did. I got off work early and we went to Barbacoa. He said, "Thanks Mom." I
think it really meant a lot to him. He is so cute and I love him so
much.


March 9, 2008
11:53 p.m.

I hope that I can keep the spirit with me for longer this week. We had
Stake Conference today and I already lost it. About 5:00 Markus started crying
because he couldn't play the PS3. By 6, I had lost it and tried to scare him
into stopping his crying by telling him I was going to take the PS3 to the D.I.,
if he didn't stop.


March 16, 2008
1:23 p.m.

I hope that Markus feels better soon. He had his shots for kindergarten on
Thursday and has had a fever ever since. He came with me to Oakridge for
kindergarten orientation and Churchill for PI day. Then he stayed home with
Morgen while I was teaching and afterwards when I went to my nephew Tanner's
play 'Bye-bye Birdie'. Then Sat. I took Max to baseball tryouts with his friend
Dillon, who slept over and then to their last hockey game of the season. Max
scored an awesome goal and the Sabres won. They had pizza afterwards. What a fun
season, Max was so sad, he didn't want it to end. He is such a cute little guy.
A couple of weeks ago, he looked like he was about to cry and when I asked

him why, he said it was because he wouldn't be able to play with his friend Dillon
anymore. When I told him of course he could
still play with his friend and that
maybe even play baseball with him, he
cheered up almost instantly.

March 25, 2008
2:03 p.m.

I hope that I can keep my health and teeth in this good of condition. I
went to the dentist yesterday for a check up and he said my teeth look great. I
also went for my annual check up last week with Dr. Irion and he said
that I need to get a baseline mammogram, my B.P is 120/70 and my
cholesterol is 198 total, with 73 HDL (good) and 43 triglycerides. So I went in
for my lovely little Mam and the results back today were great, everything looks
fine.


March 26, 2008
7:12 a.m.

I hope that I can clean all the windows today.


March 27, 2008
1:12 p.m.

I hope that I can buy some new clothes today. It is snowing outside but I
can still hope for spring, right?

May 1, 2008
9:58 p.m.

I hope that my allergy meds keep working this well. I went to an allergist
today and learned that I am allergic to Cedar, Juniper as well as mold,
sagebrush and weeds. The meds they have me on work great. My run this morning
felt good. My bike time up Porcupine Hill last Saturday was 5 min. 57 seconds,
so hopefully it will be even faster this Saturday.

May 11, 2008
11:43 p.m.

I hope I can always remember this week. So much has happened. I
did the St. George Tri yesterday and they cancelled the swim since the
water was so choppy. My time was much faster than last year as a result -
1:15:21.