Friday, January 8, 2010

Vitality

My sister Sheri called today and said that she is feeling a little overwhelmed at the prospect of being alone next week with Connor. Her husband Shane and her friend Ashley both have to fly and she has a doctor's appointment for Connor. She asked if I can come up and help her out on Wednesday, and at first I was trying to figure out how to juggle my kids and responsibilities here while helping her up there in Idaho. But then I remembered what it feels like not to do what you know in your heart you have to do, to repress those feelings and promptings. It is the difference between living life and feeling stuck and indecisive. It causes me to feel terrible; I can't eat or sleep and lose all my vitality for life. If I want her to know that she is not alone, then I have to be with her, no matter what it takes.