Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Sweet Heart




When I woke up this morning at 5:30, it was to the sound of Sheri giving Connor a bath. After she put his lotion on, I held him and rocked him while Sheri finished getting ready. He is a sweet little baby and so calm, he didn't even cry when she gave him his medicine.




Shane and Sheri drove to Primary's at 6:30 to be there for his surgery at 8. They went up there yesterday but weren't able to have the surgery because the doctor decided that he wanted to do another Echo first just to make sure his lungs were ready for surgery

After I took my boys to school, I headed up there and they were just prepping him for surgery and sedating him. He came out of surgery 3 1/2 hours later, and the doctors all said that everything went as planned in the surgery.











When we walked into the NICU after he was out of surgery, Sheri and I both just started crying. I was trying to be strong for her, but I just couldn't help it.



He was just getting weaned off of the ventilator when I left to pick the boys up from school. Sheri was able to hold him not long afterwards and the doctor told them to expect anywhere from 5 - 10 days for his recovery from this surgery. Then the next one will have to be in about 2 months or when his skin starts to turn blue, indicating that he is not getting enough oxygen again.