Friday, October 14, 2011

Crafting

For girl night last night...

Nicole hosted a fabulous craft night full of tearing paper, rolling, gluing and folding it into a wreath.

Some of the ideas Carol sent for us to find inspiration from looked like this:


My favorite

Vintage Paper Wreath

Musical

And Nicole's wreath that she had made previously looked like this:



After many fun-filled hours of treats, hot chocolate and hot glue guns, mine turned out like this:



All I have to do is walk into a craft store to realize that women are longing to make something. At times my “something” has been limited to crafting scrapbook pages, a birthday cake or painting a bedroom, but even those small things provide me with a great deal of satisfaction. I am usually the one thinking someone else is really creative.

But not last night.

Last night was different. 

Somehow making this wreath at girl night did fulfill me rather than just leaving me feeling like mine is never good enough.
And different is good.