Thursday, October 13, 2011

Let's Get It Started

{Fun Run!}
This morning Max's whole school participated in a 5K (3.1 mile) fun run. It was perfect running weather and Max ran the whole thing which put him in third place for the seventh grade! He took over 2 minutes off of his previous 5K time on the Fourth of July- 23:12. That kid loves to run! After the fun run the school hosted a barbecue and handed out awards and prizes.  

{Afternoon Hike}
Then this afternoon he wanted to go up to our favorite after school hiking trail. What a fabulous fall day.

*********************************************************************************

After I taught skating for an hour, I took both of the boys up to their hockey practices. While I was there I found out two things:

First, Max made the Lightning hockey team that he tried out for on Tuesday and Wednesday nights! He didn't know that his coach had emailed the roster since I had been at the rink teaching so when he walked in one of his coaches told him, "Congratulations on making the team!" He was grinning.

Second, Markus isn't going to make the Lightning team that he tried out for on Tuesday night. His coach Shannon told me that he was good enough to make the A team but they don't have enough jerseys for all of the squirt players that tried out and the two mites (Markus and his friend Karsen), so to be fair, he isn't letting them play this year.

I didn't tell Markus yet, as they still have the second try-out tomorrow, but I think he will be disappointed.