Monday, June 3, 2013

Cliff Notes Version

Of The Story of My Life...

Born in love to a married 30 year old mother of four, I was named twice, after Janelle was changed on my birth certificate as requested by an entrepreneurial Englishman. My first year of life involved an enormous amount of family time at the rink, and ended with me being put on the ice which has continued for almost forty years. My Daddy negotiated a contract before I turned 4, and I spent 3 years on the roads of America, with my family of five sisters, and one brother whom I usually got along with. Lived in a motor home, and developed a love of travel as a result. Shortly after turning 13, we moved in with my Grandpa B and he let God in. Since he baptized me, my faith has changed and changed me. Was a strictly obedient teen, brilliant (if home-schooled) student, joined the University ranks right after passing GED exams. Fell in love with ice-dancing and a tall man with bedroom green eyes, and so I married him. Had three boys, three years a part, and realized each time I saw them I had no hope of defining love - ever. I enjoyed two decades of mostly great marriage before I chose to leave. Choices have changed my life, in many ways still unexpected. I write, have been over the pond, aced the HESI, am closer than ever to my sons -  and apart from allergies - life is nice. 

{247 words out of 250}


{Max on his recently acquired Slack Line}

{Aunt Lara gave it to him last week}